Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Anxious!!

With only 10 days until my year of my life celebration(year since my stroke).... i'm REALLY nervous!! I keep recalling the events, the trauma, what your body truly can go through. The body is miraculous but so is the human mind. I keep having dreams, or day dreams recalling events, other stroke survivors have assured me it's normal, but I can't help but feel this anxiety. Its' weird how the only person who knows what its like to have a stroke is to actually experience it. No Neurologist, Cardiologist, Radiologist, no nurse, no aid, none of your friends, usually not your own family members either know what you've been through. They watched it, but never felt it.  The only people that I can relate to are those who have been through what I have. People who wouldn't take no for an answer, people who wouldn't be a "victim". Other survivors are so strong and positive it encourages me to be a better stroke advocate, and I will continue; for those who passed from strokes, or for those who aren't as lucky as I am. I have my voice back. . -Sam

No comments: